Sunday, September 11, 2011


Hiding out in the studio

Honestly, for as much as I like discussion and adventure, I am also perfectly happy hiding out, as I have been doing these last several days in my studio at Arts on Union.
Full Moon on the Creek, contemporary painting by Christine Goldbeck
Full Moon on the Creek
It’s a bit difficult to get around due to the historic flood that has ravagedMiddletown and much of the Susquehanna Valley. So, other than bicycle riding and walking, I have been  in the studio, painting and preparing inventory for Gallery Walk and upcoming fall shows. “Full Moon on the Creek,” pictured here, is a darker piece, indeed, especially for me. It fits though, what with the sadness one cannot help but feel when one is witness to the aftermath of a fury unleashed by water.

No comments: